Aug 31, 2008

Discreetionary: O party

O party

O party [OH PAHR·tee] noun 1. euphemism for an organized sexual orgy. etymology: O from “orgy” and party, a “a social gathering”.

It’s been quite fashionable to use “O party” as an innocuous-sounding term instead of the more vulgar “orgy” when referring to multi-person organized sex events. Because of the Internet and of websites like Guys4Men, it’s has also been easier to organize such O parties, often held inside private hotel/motel rooms or condominium units. In Guys4Men, you can occasionally encounter invitations to such events posted at the site’s calendar complete with the warning: “please read our health & safety info if you are thinking of attending this event.”

I’ve personally never been to an O party, but I certainly would like to try going to one given a good opportunity. Then again, going to bath houses is almost, but not quite, the same thing, so it’s quite probable that I’m not missing anything.

Got any Discreetionary terms? Send them my way at discreetmanila at gmail.com.

9 comments:

. wrote on August 31, 2008 at 8:27 PM:

Never been to an o-party myself. So long as I'm out of guys4men, such invitation will never be given to me.

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on September 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM:

Mugen, not necessarily. You could be invited by a friend of a friend or something like that. Guys4Men is not the only way to network within the PLU world. :-)

 
Joaqui wrote on September 1, 2008 at 11:42 PM:

Never been to an o party too. Hmmm I'm curious to watch but to participate, hmmm.. maybe too much for me. I don't know. maybe? lol hehehe :)

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on September 4, 2008 at 1:54 AM:

Joaqui, based on the stories and invitations I've read, they frown on spectators... they want everyone to participate. :)

 
Joaqui wrote on September 5, 2008 at 10:59 PM:

So I heard. I offered myself to watch in several instances, even threesomes, but they weren't too happy with that kind of response. Oh, well maybe when I am ready I might join but for now, I would not mind missing it. :)

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on September 6, 2008 at 8:58 PM:

Joaqui, in time. No need to rush at all. :-)

 
Unknown wrote on September 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM:

Im very curious in attending one... How can you be invited? I really don't have much friends since I am not that open to a lot of peeps.... But I am very willing to explore my dark side.

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on October 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM:

Andrei, unless you have connections, the best place to go to are the online social networks. O parties are not regular things that one can just go to.

 
Anonymous wrote on January 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM:

O-parties still exists as of this writing.
They are more discreet this time, fear of being put in a scandalous situation (e.g. raid)..
Invitations are seldom posted on the internet blogs or networking sites like PlanetRomeo, but this time via text messaging.
The "orginizers" are also very strict in implementing "No Rubber - No Sex" policy.