Jun 12, 2009

Aki Sato: “I look more Filipino than Japanese or Brazilian”

I can’t think of a better way to celebrate Philippine Independence Day than by pointing you to this recent article on Inquirer.net where Japanese-Brazilian model Akihiro Sato basically professes his love for the Philippines.

The way Japanese-Brazilian model Akihiro Sato put it, he’s as Pinoy as adobo.

“I look more Filipino than Japanese or Brazilian,” he said of his affinity to the Philippines, adding that he felt instantly at home here.

“I was supposed to live in Thailand, but after spending my vacation here, I decided to stay,” he recalled.

When asked if he is enjoying it here in the Philippines, Aki replied, “Sobra. Maraming kaibigan dito. Magaganda mga babae dito.” Yes, he answered in Tagalog. It can be recalled that Akihiro had enrolled in Tagalog tutorials from U.P. to learn the vernacular; proof that he’s here for the long haul. And we don’t mind! We can’t get enough of him, right guys? :-) By the way, he said his favorite Pinoy dishes are adobo and tapa. Well, we certainly want his tapa. Hehehehe.

2 comments:

Tristan Tan wrote on June 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM:

Stressful. Sigh. :)

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on June 16, 2009 at 1:55 AM:

Tristan, I guess the jet lag should have worn off by now. :-)