May 11, 2010

Hunky men in Glee’s “Physical” music video

Let’s leave the election coverage for a while and ogle at hunky men first. I’m sure many of my readers are gleeks and I was wondering how many of you have seen the really delicious recreation of Olivia Newton-John’s “Physical” music video in last week’s episode “Bad Reputation”? I thought I’d only have to settle for Mark Salling’s (Puck) shirtless scenes for my ogle-quota in Glee, and so it was a real delight seeing lots of shirtless muscular men with ripped abs in the recreated music video. :-) Go check it out!

I had not seen the original 1981 music video before the episode and I got curious how much of it was recreated, so I watched the original on YouTube. Unlike Madonna’s recreated “Vogue” music video two episodes back, which was an almost perfect frame-by-frame adaptation of the original, the Glee-fied “Physical” clip only copied the setting and general theme of physical fitness (plus some early scenes). Well, I like this new version better since they ditched the obese men found in the old video and gave us lots of hunks! Hehehe. Unfortunately, they also ditched the homosexual ending in the 1981 video. Too bad.

5 comments:

Advent wrote on May 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM:

i'm a gleek! hehe. and yeah, i liked the video a lot.

trivia: most of the hunky men are from the reality show So You Think You Can Dance. :)

 
Dhon wrote on May 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM:

i am a certified gleek!

 
Anonymous wrote on May 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM:

Thanks for sharing!! Too bad the hot Asian guy from the cast of Glee wasn't in this video. He is a great dancer!

 
Bioutloud wrote on May 14, 2010 at 1:13 PM:

i love the video

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on May 15, 2010 at 12:04 PM:

@Advent, ah really? Well, I don't watch SYTYCD so I wouldn't know. :-P

@Ming Meows, parang spam ang comment ah... :-)

@Dhon, ako rin!

@Anon, true. But then, is he very muscular?

@Bioutloud, glad you did. :-)